Monday, September 22, 2003


My first tournament victory

I came out on top and earned my prize - a brand new squash bag. The Pro Club had it's in-house tournament this past weekend and I played 3 matches to win it. This was the first time that I had been pitted against the top 3 players on the Pro Club squash ladder (this includes Microsoft and non-Microsoft employees) and I beat the Number 3 and Number 1 player en route to the finishing line. The final was a humdinger, I lost the first 2 games and was down in the 3rd game. With nothing to lose, I started playing tighter and played every point on merit and, it worked. My opponent got progressively frustrated while I strung together a chain of good shots and lucky breaks. The final score read: 7-9. 4-9, 9-5, 9-2, 9-5.

I've been at work since 5pm last evening and it's only 2pm on Monday. Another 2 hours and I'll be outta here, off to bed - my fingers aren't moving that fast in fact, they are kinda numb. It's strange this phenomenon of fingers freezing - my office is hella warm, enough to make me wanna take my clothes off but my fingerrrrrrs are brrr - what's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment