Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Dinner and Coffee


Yesterday was a darned productive day by any standards, let alone by mine. I'm excited to be back in the groove of things and writing code always seems to make life rosier :) Yeah - I'm a geek, live with it. Once work was done, worked out on the elliptical machine for 45 minutes, did a couple of ab exercises and ran to the locker room to get ready for dinner. I'd called Geni (not Bizo) earlier and asked her out to dinner - we were to meet at 8:30 at first, then 8:45 (we were both late, Hi!) but by the time I hit the showers, it was 8:30 already. Late again... :)

We ate dinner at Machiavelli Ristorante, a quaint Italian restaurant on Capitol Hill. I haven't eaten too much pasta in the last six months but I can make an exception for good Penne without a moment's hesitation. I don't know if I talk too much or too little but my experiences in the past indicate that women take a while to get comfortable talking to me; not this one though. I can be my honest self and it's fine by her (she asks for it too) - I guess working at Microsoft among a bunch of nerds helps :) Interestingly our conversations are about nothing and everything, little details, our pasts, the usual - akin to intelligent banter, if that term doesn't qualify as an oxymoron. Truth is, all banter doesn't need to be prosaic; atleast this isn't...

The Space Needle view adds to the ambience of drinking coffee at Bau Haus; other places would serve up an insipid cup but this place, their coffee is good! Of course, why else would I drink coffee there? We sipped coffee, talked some, marvelled at the view and then sipped some more. Topped the night off with some of my favourite tunes back in good ol' Bldg 40 and drove her back home. I'd like to do this again...

No comments:

Post a Comment