Thursday, March 18, 2004

Squash Nationals - Day 1

Me playing a squash match at 9am and winning - that hasn't happened in the longest time. Oh well, I had to play my first squash nationals match at 9am and guess what, I won - in straight games. But honestly, it was tougher than the scoreline would indicate: 9-5, 9-4, 9-6 because the scoreline says nothing about the emotions and nerves that surged through me this morning. My palms were wet, my hands shook and I kinda choked at match-point but I hope that is all behind me and I can now settle into a rhythym and torment the competition. To give you an idea of just how nervous I was, I won the toss and elected to serve - my very first serve was dropped out of bounds...

Will update this space with the results of my second match, which has been scheduled for 3pm today. I'm playing the #2 seed in the US in skill level 4.5 so a win will really boost my chances of winning the trophy. Keep your fingers crossed, mine are...

No comments:

Post a Comment