Saturday, June 05, 2004

The Countdown to 160lbs begins today

My trip to India this time around was an eye-opener for more reasons than one. I saw pictures of my college days and the one striking difference between me then and me now (outside of me being hairier where it matters) is the fact that I was lean and fighting fit - 12 lbs is a lot to put on in 5 years. My medical records indicate no increase in body weight till the last year in which I put on the aforementioned evil 12 lbs. Some of the weight can be attributed to an increase in muscle mass (no boasting, but my body fat % is a low 11.8%) but there is definitely fat where there wasn't any earlier...

So what can I attribute this sudden gain in weight to - squarely on wanton eating. There used to be a time when I was very careful about what I ate and when I ate it - not anymore. I've eaten meals after midnight twice in a row and that's only the story this past week. Add to that shorter and more sporadic workouts and there you have it - a fatter Manoj. So today, I've decided to take a stand. Better eating, more regular workouts and I should hit my target. I'll update this space every week with my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment