Thursday, June 03, 2004

Yoga and I

My first experience with yoga was with Nikhil during my last vacation in Bombay. Having seen people do the various poses, in utter disbelief I might add, on the television and reading numerous articles about the huge following yoga commands in the Western World, I decided to take the plunge too. And let me tell you this, it's not for weenies...

There was more than one occassion during today's class when I felt over-whelmed by the endurance required by a pose. Even though the poses took so much effort, I surprisingly felt very relaxed at the end of the hour long session. The combination of the teacher's soothing voice and the mellow music has proved to be the undoing for many but I resisted the temptation to nod off ;) And there was no role call taken, something I liked because the teacher had the implicit faith that a person wouldn't be at peace if they crashed the class - misguided you think? All said and done, I'm going to try to be a regular at the sessions...

No comments:

Post a Comment