Wednesday, December 08, 2004

What a weekend...

And it all started with dinner at Red Robin. I was late to begin with, had to tie up some last minute loose ends - like giving friends holiday gifts :) We all came home after dinner, drank some wine and watched Miracle. If you get a chance and like sport, you should definitely watch this movie. A little jingoistic but on the whole, a great movie to watch with friends.

Wasn't really keen on waking up early on Saturday and wake up late I did. Around 2 maybe it was?! Hung out at home and finally got out of the apartment around 8pm, just in time for some shopping! Returned stuff to American Eagle (expensive shirt, not worth it) and walked around the mall till Mehra and Donna showed up. They were late - my influence - so I got a chance to enter the one place that defines American consumerism - The Bon. Drum Roll...

Half hour, four shirts and $50 later, I was done with my shopping sprees for the year. Dinner at Kanishka hit the spot and after some persuasion, Donna agreed to come out and party. We spent a couple hours at Tost, a place I really like. We sat on the couches, had a couple drinks and totally enjoyed the music. And before the night ended, true to form, we hit Mirabeau Room and grooved to Bollywood tunes...

So I thought the fun and frolic were done but no, I was wrong. Arvind, Rutz, Donna and I got around to leaving for lunch around 2:45. Paranthas and Dahi, so much anticipation - I just hoped we wouldn't be let down. And let down, we weren't!!! I strongly recommend Preet's to all lovers of Indian food. But I'd suggest people stick with the appetizers and order Paranthas, even though they aren't listed on the menu.

Lots of sleep, lots of tasty food, what more can a man ask for? I won't complain if I get an entertaining movie - no I won't! We packed into Rutu's car and headed to the Galleria to watch Closer - a movie I kinda liked. I know others didn't but they have their reasons, as always :) Worked out after the movie and read a bit before tucking in. Recharged for the rush that Monday brought with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment