Thursday, February 17, 2005

Three weeks gone

And what a ride this has been... Literally, I've travelled the most this time around - in planes, on trains, in cars and on bullock-carts :) My sister is officially married and on her honeymoon in the backwaters of Kerela. Barring a few hitches, her wedding went as planned. The Sangeet was a super hit, total Bombay-ishtle with Bollywood type dances and a whole lot of hooting, clapping and whistling. Corbett was beautiful; the mountains never left our side and the sound of the Kosi river lapping against its banks made for the perfect setting for what we hope will be a union for life. My best wishes go out to Rachna and Vibhas.

I tried but couldn't make it for Karan's wedding. In the aborted journey to Amritsar I met a bunch of great people though, so I'm not totally bummed. I hope the day I spent with Viraj and Ria left them with as many memories to cherish as that day has etched in my mind. Their warmth, hospitality and love epitomise the cadre of people I've met on my trip to India this time. Thanks much for a wonderful time and looking forward to having you guys over in Seattle - you are always welcome.

I'm off to Bangalore tomorrow morning for the weekend. Looking forward to catching up with old friends and to making new ones (knowing me, that's definitely not going to happen). Before I sign off though, I thought I'd share an observation made of me by one of my old friends, and I quote:

"Manoj, you should wear your glasses more often. They soften what is otherwise a very stern demeanour."

I'll leave the determination of how true her statement was to you. Till later, ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment