Friday, October 21, 2005

A Soulmate

I've pondered over what characterizes a soulmate for this past week. Somehow, spending tons and tons of time at work lets you dwell on things other than work. What is a soulmate? Must I have one? Can there be just one? Must my soulmate be the one I marry or be the one I am romantically linked to? If it's the latter, how does it work when I'm no longer romantically inclined towards a girl; romance is fleeting, temporal...

I know for sure that I have at least one. A person I share a lot of my daily experiences with - all the laughing, coffee and alcohol drinking and dinner eating. Maybe my best friend is my soulmate. Ergo, I don't need to find a girl who fits the bill. I can just get to know her, have fun with her, laugh and make merry without the trappings of this soulmate business.

Now I feel calm inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment