Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kansas education board downplays evolution in favour of Intelligent Design

“This is a sad day. We’re becoming a laughingstock of not only the nation, but of the world, and I hate that,” said board member Janet Waugh, a Kansas City Democrat."

This was bound to happen if you ask me; just look at the outcome of the presidential elections and how the winner was determined by the vote of the religious right wing. If Republicans were the gate keepers of heaven, I'd not want to go in; it's a different story altogether that I wouldn't be allowed admission regardless of the allegiance of the gate-keeper but I'll save that for another time.

Of course this move has critics screaming out from the rooftops:
Critics of the new language charged that it was an attempt to inject God and creationism into public schools, in violation of the constitutional ban on state establishment of religion.
I'll be honest, I don't buy the whole big bang theory either but as ludicrous as it sounds, I definitely prefer it over Intelligent Design. If there was an intelligent being who fashioned the creation of the universe, where did this being come from? And repeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment