Tuesday, May 02, 2006

God Damn Lower Back

I had to clear out my storage space last night because the space is no longer on my lease. There wasn't too much in there to begin with - a few boxes, a microwave oven, a couple of suitcases and one tall box with some old knick-knacks. I think it is time that I threw stuff away - I haven't even looked at all this stuff in the last three years so clearly, I mustn't need it, correct?

I start moving the boxes out and all is going well till I pick up the tall box. It wasn't really that heavy but as I put it down, I knew I had messed up my lower back. Now my lower back isn't the strongest part of my body - I injured it a few years ago while playing squash (without stretching) and it has been my achilles' heel (or back) since. I got through moving all the boxes into the apartment last night but have been in a great deal of pain since. Nothing has helped - icy hot, moov, ice, steam, bed rest all have reduced the soreness but haven't taken it away. I am going to have to wait this one out...

This is very demoralizing because I just started on this great workout program. Now, I'm going to have to ease into my workouts again, which will take an entire week. Maybe this is my body's way of telling me, "You are old Manoj, all this intense working out isn't for you!" I don't believe the old part so once I become okay, I'll be sure to add core strengthening exercises to my daily workouts. This won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment