Friday, May 26, 2006

A Quick Recap

I'd say this week was eventful without being stressful. I have played two great squash matches, lifted weights twice, written code for the first time in months (and broken the build) and hung with friends. All these are ingredients for a happy existence, and happy I have been (for once cause results in effect). The highlight of this week has been meeting Alex, who I am seeing after two years. We got a chance to catch up on what has been going on in the time we hadn't met and he described his Computer Science theory paper on Paging and the effectiveness of LRU.

The plan for the weekend is to entertain Alex before he returns back to Germany tomorrow evening. I don't think he'd like to spend time in Seattle couped up in a movie hall but if he were up for it, I would like him to see X-Men: The Last Stand. Here's a link to a balanced review of the film :review:. We saw the movie last night (at Lincoln Square Mall) and I really liked it. The movie was fast paced and both my favourite X-men had prominent roles in the plot - Jean Grey and Wolverine. Storm wasn't as annoying in this installment (she was terrible in X-2) so for once, I actually liked Halle Berry. I'm going to watch this flick at least three or four times at the cinemas (once at Cinerama for sure). What is my recommendation then? Go watch it; I'd give it ***1/2 stars out of 4. Hold up though, if you are a die hard X-Men fan (have read the comics, etc), don't belabour the story changes while watching the movie because you don't want to miss out on the fun as you criticize the story writers for the changes. Hey, Stan Lee is on the advisory board of the movie so if he thought the changes were ok, you should sit back and enjoy too!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment