Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Tide can change

I was having a very lackluster Friday. The fact that I was up till after 3 the night before had some part to play as did the number of hours I had put at work over the week. As is customary with a torrent of check-ins, I broke the build on Thursday night because of a change I made to a header file. In hindsight, I shouldn't have changed that file at all but oh well...

The towels are back in locker rooms at Microsoft so I decided to take a shower in an attempt to turn my day around. Caffeine had failed to buoy me up and this point, I needed to wake up and finish the last task on my plate. The shower would prepare me for the night of partying ahead of me so it didn't seem like a totally bad investment of my time.

The shower worked! I got back to my office and cranked out code to fix a long standing issue assigned to me. As I walked to my car at 8pm, the stride was back in my steps and I couldn't wait to party it up with Alex, Matt and Sid. What a night of frolic it was my countrymen...

We started with beers at Garage on Broadway, went to Linda's to toast Matt and Leslie (Patron Silver) , ate Pizza, drank coffee at Bauhaus, had drinks at Chapel, had some more beers at Capital Club and finished with burgers and milk-shakes at Dicks. We had it all - a lot of alcohol was consumed, we reminisced over times past, repeated the same stories multiple times, played drinking games and at least one of us was very heavily intoxicated by the end of it all. I realized that someone had to drive us all home so I stopped around 12:15 - smart move given that I drove everyone back home. I can't wait for the next time us four are re-united. I'd like to be the drunk one for once...

No comments:

Post a Comment