Sunday, June 18, 2006

Public vs Private

[Update: Fixed some kux sentence construction!]
I am continually intrigued by how people treat others in public surroundings. Strangers don't count in this analysis, which eliminates almost 99% of the people around me. The people I am in some way "acquainted" with fall into three distinct categories. Those that don't give me the time of day when I meet them one-on-one but give me a hug, even a peck on my cheek when I meet them in a bar - go figure! Those with predictable and consistent behaviour; like me so I can't complain. Finally, those that I know well through 1:1 interactions but for some reason act weird when I meet them in public. Must I explicitly state which set of folks intrigue me most?

Sometime in the past, I reflected on veils and cloaks in relationships :link:. In my never-ending quest to understand the human condition, I want to figure out what triggers this behaviour in us. If you know something that can shed some light on this topic, please leave me a comment or send me an email, Thanks! Here's my naive input on this matter: inconsistent behaviour and mixed signals are pure entertainment! Your turn now...

No comments:

Post a Comment