Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow Day 2007

The second serving of snow to the Seattle Metropolitan Area had the same effect on life as the first one did - it crippled everything! It took some of my colleagues upwards of two hours to get home last night and the roads this morning are slick. Perfect day to drive on the freeway since there is no traffic whatsoever but then again, it might not be such a good idea if you don't have snow driving experience.

For my own part, the four mile ride in to work this morning started with a walk which became a run to the 233 bus stop. Some dude was clicking pictures of the snow covered fields on the other side of Avondale Road and I was watching him work the camera when I caught a glimpse of the bus making its way down the road. What ensued was a funny sight (not pretty) of me running towards the stop; the end result was me getting on to the bus so it's all good!

The snow chains made for slow progress but after trundling along at 30 miles an hour, I finally made it to work a nudge before 11am. No one is here so I have a lot of time to get my work completed before I leave for India. I have been more organized this time around but it won't hurt to start working on a list of things to do before I leave. A shopping list might be needed too. Time to stop blogging and start working instead. If you're in the Seattle area, please be safe and try to avoid driving today. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment