Monday, April 30, 2007

When the Chips are Down

I have been thinking back to the times when I have had my hands full, when I have felt that I was in over my head. Actually, I don't have to think back too far because it has happened to me all this week. Working on the Zune has really been challenging, and these past couple of weeks have been tougher than any other during my time at Microsoft. I remember when I tried to take that class on Stochastic Methods. I tried so hard to get my head around some of the new concepts but I just didn't get them so I gave up on the class. I don't want to give up on my current project but if I am to succeed, I need to get my ducks in a row. This means the following:

1. I shouldn't panic or get flustered
2. If I need more time, i should just ask for it
3. If I need help, I shouldn't hesitate to ask those who already know

Finally, I need to learn to have a good time, because at the end of the day, just one life to live, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment