Saturday, May 12, 2007

My 1st Demo

For the first time in my Microsoft career, I picked up a mic and addressed a gathering of about a 100 people. Though the demo lasted only a couple of minutes, but it was plain exhilarating to talk about my work in front an audience that agreed with me, commiserated with me when things seemed to go awry, and clapped when I was done. I was given 12 hour notice that I was to present my feature. I spent six of those hour sleeping, and the rest of the time preparing my demo device and a backup, writing up the text of what I was going to say, and practicing till I had it down pat.

Twenty minutes before the presentations were to start, I recited my spiel to an audience of two who recommended some changes, which totally threw a spanner in my works. Not to worry I told myself; Billg's opening speech, which would last at least 1/2 an hour would buy me enough time to rehearse the abridged spiel. Bill spoke for like 45 minutes, me being the last one whose question he answered, and I finally spoke about my feature at 12:30, an hour and a half after the proceedings had begun. The coolest one minute of my Microsoft life; and by the way, my demo worked flawlessly...

1 comment:

  1. wow! am very proud of you... calls for a celebration! Meet me at Chop suey on the 19th..I'll buy you a drink :)

    ReplyDelete