Thursday, September 04, 2008

I'm almost asleep and it's not even Midnight!

Waking up early in the morning takes a lot of work - for starters, you need to change your entire sleep schedule; since your sleep schedule has changed, you tend to feel drained during the early evening, which makes you reach out for a conveniently brewing cup of coffee; the seemingly extra hours you are awake also mean you eat a lot more than usual. There is an upside though, and now I can only speak from my own experience, so the change to first person is intentional. I manage my time better, work more efficiently, cook a meal almost every alternate day, work out (not always at the gym, sometimes I play tennis with my dad), and am less cranky than usual by the end of the day. Can't get anything without giving something these days...

The TV has been off since 11pm, its drone replaced by the melody of Anoushka Shankar's sitar, the tune to which I just did an entire session of meditative yoga. The Stock Market, my current job responsibilities, the next hurricane, Senator Palin, the Democratic party's chances, and a new business idea are all competing for my next available synapse. Without yoga, I'd be in no position to sleep; instead my eyelids feel heavy, and my heartbeat has slowed down. As my thoughts slow to a crawl, and forming coherent sentences becomes harder, I am ready to cave in to the exhaustion. Good night and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment