Sunday, May 25, 2008

A New Chapter Begins

My first day at Microsoft was January 28 2002; my last day at Microsoft is May 28 2008.

The last six years have treated me very well, and when things haven't worked out on the professional front, I have found something else that inspired me to continue. This past month has seen many changes in my life, so I decided to stop, take stock and start afresh. What better way to start afresh than quitting your current job to enjoy the summer?

I owe a lot to Microsoft, but more than anything else, I stand behind my decision to join a large company with a diversified portfolio of software offerings over a start-up or niche development firm after graduating from RPI. I worked on 6 different projects during my tenure at Microsoft, each unique in its release cycle, management style and work culture. Had it not been for my most recent management chain, I would have never considered quitting; in a twisted way, I have them to thank for being so belligerent and cantankerous and helping me take such a bold step.

The summer is going to be spent finding my inspiration. The thing about life is once you start forcing yourself into doing something, you tend to get exasperated both by your inability to perform at your peak level and with the task at hand. With age and yoga have come the realization that I must let things come to me, and let things run their their natural course. My summer is going to be spent letting things come to me, and in reconciling some of the conflicting forces in my life.

If you were a part of my Microsoft existence, I want to thank you for making the last few years memorable, and request you to continue helping me chart the new territory I tread.

2 comments:

  1. wish you all the best dude!!!.. at least now people will be spared from the calls .." please drop me to pro club " :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish you all the best dude!!!.. at least now people will be spared from the calls .." please drop me to pro club " :)

    ReplyDelete