- Validate the deal model;
- Preserve existing revenue;
- Retain key talent; and,
- Manage cultural differences.
From a tactical standpoint, here are some additional tenets that an integration leader (applicable at the functional leadership level too) should maintain front and center:
- Articulate an integration strategy and the deal value drivers prior to kicking off the integration;
- Use the value drivers to continuously prioritize and re-balance integration activities and resources; and,
- Ensure leadership treats integrations as critical business processes, and prioritizes integration decisions appropriately.
Good luck with your integration activities.