Monday, July 28, 2008

The Mehtas in B.C.

For some of us, being world travelers is an accomplishment. Sadly for me, I've traveled in only two parts of the World - North America and India. Oh well, at least I have a bunch of transit stamps for a whole set of countries, and a fair share of US and Canada visa stamps :) This past Friday, I scrounged together enough information so that my parents get their first Canadian Visa stamp; the process of getting the stamp couldn't have been easier, albeit the wait time to get our stamped passports at the consulate could be shorter. On the whole, I think the folks at the Canadian consulate did a very good job of managing the rush on a Friday morning; the drafters of the US consular process have a lot to learn from their North American neighbors.

After a few false starts to the trip, we finally departed for Vancouver a little before Noon on Saturday. The biggest delay was in booking a hotel room, which gauging from Sachin's reaction are very pricey. The Fairmount Waterfront was sold out, as was the Renaissance, so I decided to make a small compromise and got a *** suite in Burnaby. In hindsight, I made the right choice; the hotel was centrally located, the suite was very comfortable, and my parents didn't experience even the slightest discomfort.

More on the trip later tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment