Monday, February 23, 2004

The Week Has Just Begun

And I'm so tired already - it's only Monday evening. I can't pinpoint one single reason for my fatigue but most of it revolves around playing sport. It all started on Sunday when I went to the Seattle Club to play squash in the morning (that's a stretch for me). An hour of playing with Yusuf didn't leave me exhausted but it did open my eyes to some fundamental mistakes I was making on the court. My head filled with minutiae about the game and my body beginning to feel the rigors of the past week, I walked out on to the streets and enjoyed the first truly sunny day this year. It was 72 degrees where my car was parked and it was, to use a cliche, gorgeous. Little did I know then that in the rush of leaving the club, I'd left my squash shoes behind. But that's a realization reserved for Monday afternoon just before my match with Mike Morgan :)

Next stop - Geni's apartment! With the sun shining bright it'd be a waste to spend time inside an apartment, wouldn't it? An even bigger waste if we didn't play tennis, so play tennis we did. What ensued was ninety minutes of running up and down the tennis court; we played some good rallies and the final score read 7-5 - I had escaped narrowly. My serve has started landing in the court more consistently, thanks to some sound advice from Geni and it's interesting to switch between squash and tennis because the squash racquet feels like a match-stick after wielding the tennis wand :)

Dinner at Cedars with Ash, her sister, Arun, Tom and some new dude proceeded without much incident, that is till our meals arrived. We'd requested one dish to be "Indian style" spicy but what we got was only Red Chilli powder in liquid form with some paneer for embellishment. It tasted great with rice though and if you ask me, I'd like to eat more of that curry. My stomach would definitely protest but Hi! Arun and I stopped for coffee on our way back home (it was only 5 miles completely out of our way but you know us), I yakked with peoplzes on IM from 26's lobby and decided to sleep early so that my week would start off on a good note - Right!

Monday morning - Half slept through the meeting on TPMs, played a humdinger of a match with Mike: 6-9, 6-9, 9-0, 10-8, 9-4 that lasted 90 minutes and then moved offices. By the evening, I couldn't even walk, damn it! Going to the bathroom was a challenge; my hips, butt, calves and fore-arms feel leaden... Time to stop typing and start working again!

No comments:

Post a Comment