Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Squash Jaded

The Nationals are over - I lost on Friday afternoon in the quarter-finals in 4 games. I think I have pin-pointed the cause for the defeat to a player I could've beaten on any other day - I'm jaded... The last 3 months have been a topsy turvy ride - lost passport, shattered expectations and intense preparation for Nationals. I think I need some time off now, honestly I need to take a break and chill out - do something different, take my mind off squash because playing so hard and so often isn't really helping my game, it's detrimental to it.

I drilled this morning at 8am with Naveen and then played 3 games (lost all 3) and he was surprised at how lacklustre my game was. Surprisingly enough, I got the same feedback on Friday from the people watching me play - they thought I didn't want to win, that I was listless. Maybe it's time to recharge my batteries, time for a break...

No comments:

Post a Comment