Tuesday, June 27, 2006

So Tired - Where Web surfers go when they haven't slept a wink

Some of you might feel a kinship with this person who sent her reason for being tired to tired@tired.com:

"The world-weary teen, the site's fastest-growing demographic:

when you're a 16 year old girl who from the looks of things, doesnt have a single problem, people think you're strange and maybe even high. I am tired of counselors. tired of hearing about political and economical problems the world has. tired of being expected to put family before friends. SO tired of other females no matter what the age feeling as though every other woman is competition. Tired of my best friends mother jealous of her 16 year old daughter. This, my friend, is only the very tip of the iceberg."

There was a time when I was tired 24/7, I couldn't sleep and I didn't have the energy to work out. That is slowly beginning to change now because I am making a conscious effort to sleep earlier these days. I fail in my attempts many a night but eventually, like last night, I emerge victorious. To be out like a light before midnight is rare for me but that's exactly what happened yesterday. It's a different story that I couldn't get myself out of bed till a little after 9am but that's moot. Brasil played Ghana this mrning and I decided to stay in, work from home and watch the game. Two meals and a soccer game under my belt, I am now ready to go to work.

Knowing how much it sucks to be tired all the time, I hope you don't feel that way. But if you do, trust me, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment