Friday, June 23, 2006

Mercury Rising

In the summer time when the weather is high
You can strech right up and touch the sky
Summer is finally here! Since we're on the West Coast, we're used to seeing everything delayed by a few hours. Okay fine, Summer came a few days late but who cares. It's time for outdoor tennis again, for wake-boarding on Lake Washington, for motorcycle lessons, for hiking (which I'm about to give up if I don't indulge in this year)... sorry the sunlight distracted me, for having a BLAST!

One of my friends commented about the increasing level of partying I have indulged in through the first half of 2006. If you are reading this, I have some bad news for you - the partying level is gonna go through the ceiling till I eventually buckle down on my flight to Bombay. Now is as good time as any to work on getting myself a solid tan (since I'm so pale); ridic + exotic, now that's a dizzying combination :)

The fitful sleep episodes have returned, a small price to pay for the rising temperature at night. I was practically useless yesterday so I decided to not attempt hanging around the office doing nothing. After WAR last morning, I worked for a little more than an hour and headed to lunch. Senior and Junior had driven in to Seattle, which is so rare that I couldn't pass up their invitation to luncheon at Cheesecake Factory! Lunch was more about catching up, meeting Senior than about eating as was evidenced by the huge boxes the girls carried out of the restaurant. Every half cute guy was checked out by them two, inappropriate commentary flew thick and fast, the cream was tastier than the cheesecake (duh!) and before we knew it, two hours had flown by. Time flies when you're having fun?

I couldn't keep my eyes open on the drive back so I bypassed the exit for work and drove home instead, to sneak in a quick nap before returning recharged to Bldg 27. Good intentions, poor execution! I woke up two hours later and had to go to the gym to wake myself up before heading in to work. It all worked out in the end - because I napped in the afternoon, I had energy to work out after which I found some more energy to work till 3am. All's well that end's well!

It's Friday and I'm blogging - god damn it! I'm getting outta here to enjoy the sun. Peace out and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment