Thursday, June 15, 2006

Free Form Writing - June 15 2006

This Fajita Chicken Sandwich on Pita with Portabello Mushrooms is so tasty (and spicy) that I might consider making it a regular order. It took me a while to get used to the slight chewiness of meat - now I enjoy boneless chicken as much as I enjoy vegetables. It might be a while before I make the transition to eating meat off the bone but like all things in the past, I will have to work at developing a taste for the new.

A conversation I had last night prompted me to start eating meat again. In my quest to become healthier, getting enough protein has always been a challenge. Now that I am over the initial hump of adopting meat in my diet, I should eat it more often. My children are going to be full blown carnivores even if that is the only thing I have any say in when it comes to their upbringing.

Waking up in the morning has become tedious again. I am just too exhausted at 8am so getting my ass out of bed is that much harder. Actually, I don't mind sleeping in on account of being physically tired - that's an indicator of the effectiveness of my workouts. I did expect some fallout from last night's squash match. The four games I played last night lasted over 70 minutes, 30 of which were spent playing the last game. I stretched a bit, loosened up, played a few more games and headed over to Amru's for dinner and a movie.

Amru finally made good on her promise to make me dinner. Dosas don't count as dinner but something is better than nothing (as she would put it). I didn't have any expectations of the postprandial entertainment but Gangster turned out to be an engrossing film. I particularly liked the acting, the minimalistic dialogue, the cinematography (especially the lens work) and the soundtrack. Ya Ali is a breakaway hit but my pick of the soundtrack is the track Bheegi Bheegi (Sachin was right). If you haven't seen this movie and don't cringe at on-screen violence, you should watch this movie.

I fell asleep while watching another episode of Top Gear but only after I read an article on Dream Teams in Fortune. As I watch a recording of the Brasil-Croatia game I wonder, is the Brasilian team of superstars be the one aberration to the rule of thumb that Dream Teams are doomed to failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment