Friday, July 29, 2005

IE 7 Beta1

I just started using IE 7 Beta1 and my first impressions are this is a great browser. Here's what I like:
1. Alt+Enter works from the address bar - the URL opens in a new tab
2. Advanced Privacy controls and Cookie Blocking - this is a couple steps ahead of what Firefox has
3. Tabbed Browsing :)

What I don't like:
1. Tab Close Button is in the right hand corner - LAME
2. New Tab Button doesn't advertize its intent, till you click on it

We have finally come up with a strong response to the naysayers and there is precious little differentiating IE from Firefox now. Unless the Firefox folks really smarten up and clean up their act, their bound to be swept aside by the I|E wave.

Good job IE team, keep it up - I'm looking forward to Beta2 and the Firefox response. Begun, the browser war has...

No comments:

Post a Comment