Friday, October 27, 2006

Can This Day Be Over Already?

It is fast approaching 4pm and this week has just blown past me. I don't think there has been another week this hectic in recent memory - we filed and fixed a Vista RTM bug, I restarted a circuit training program (Sunday and Monday for me), and for the first time, I am caught up with the email in my mailbox.

With 1979 is playing in the background, I feel like I've accomplished a whole bunch this week. Enough to warrant a break for the rest of the day. To be honest, I don't think I can be very productive for much longer today. Maybe after a multi-vitamin and a dose of Fish Oil, my energy levels might swing up but that's unlikely. This feeling is bitter-sweet; I am so happy I got so much done this week but at the same time I need to recharge my batteries and get some serious down time this weekend.

The hoppity-skip is back on the squash court and is seriously impeding my ability to play to my potential. On the whole though, my return to squash has exceeded my expectations. I'd like to throw in a few games of badminton a couple times a week but even with 20 courts at the Pro, the wait for a game is usually 15 minutes. My ADD doesn't let me stand around for more than 3 :)

My words got me in trouble again yesterday and a very close confidante might not speak to me again. This turn of events will take a huge toll on me. If I've learnt anything in life, it is that minute skirmishes mar the deepest of friendships. On the flip side, if things don't stay the same, they weren't meant to be; this isn't a cop out or me trying to shirk off responsibility. This does beg the question though - Is it too late in the game for me to change?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is a cop out and no, it is never too late to change.

    >>On the flip side, if things don't stay the same, they weren't meant to be

    You forget that people are emotional and not always rational (spelling?) beings and not robots. Human beings don't always respond to things in a consistent fashion. Hopefully our ego doesn't get in the way of a heartfelt (this is important) apology and a genuine (again, this is important) willingness to just listen.

    Ewww, I feel all new agey and dirty after that.

    ReplyDelete