Tuesday, December 12, 2006

3G iPod Hold Switch Stuck - Fixed!!

Last evening, much to my dismay, the Hold Switch on my iPod seemed to have gotten stuck. After trying every software solution I could find posted on the Internet, I almost gave up hope on my iPod and even considered buying a new mp3 player. I wanted to do my due diligence though and not retire a fixable device so I resorted to my final Out - disassembling the iPod.

After scouring the Internet (googling disassemble ipod), I finally found a site that contains step by step instructions on how to perform this disassembly. I found the link I provided to be the most useful among the ones on the iNet. Trust me, don't clean out your pod, don't reset to the factory settings and lose all your music, settings and equalizer presets. Instead, just crack the iPod open and fix the Hold Switch problem. You'll fix the problem without cleaning out the closet, so to speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment