Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Post To Celebrate Power Restoration

I spent the better part of today working in Outlook, doing laundry, folding clothes and hanging with Jyot. On the one hand, I really enjoy being outside my apartment with my new found family and on the other, I want to go back home, to my own home! I miss being in my own little slice of heaven, however good or bad it is. This might be the reason why I sometimes go quiet, because I miss the times when I am just by myself doing my own thing. I am not one to enjoy the limelight, be around people watching me at all times. My craziness manifests itself in many ways, and at moments when I least expect it to. Being around people who are constantly judging throws me off, makes me say or do something that might embarrass those around me.

I was called high-strung yesterday and uptight today. These are not adjectives I want to be associated with yet I get the feeling that I am slowly becoming an amalgam of both. I had to say this before I proceeded but I feel so special that I thought The Emperor and Chancellor Palpatine were played by the same actor - Ian McDiarmid. The end of the year is a time to take stock and these statements have kick-started this process. This past year has been anything but ordinary - I decided to take a break and headed to Bombay for a mere 2 weeks, I spent a lot more time with friends, got back on the squash court and have set myself on the path to attaining a semblance of equanimity and physical fitness. The old Manoj would think about what was said and via analysis become just the person I didn't want to be. This is the new Manoj so I am going to talk about Star Wars instead!

How stupid of Luke to throw his sword away after he is done taking care of Vader (my favorite character of all time). If he had his sword with him, he could have fought off the energy blasts from The Emperor but no, hes got to be the stupid noble kid that he is! There are more instances of him being totally stupid, like revealing that he has a sister to Vader. Ok, enough of this madness too. I can't wait to get back to my apartment, did I say that already? Ok, time to go to bed now.

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS. In the same space of metamorphosis my self...here for you if you need any support.
    xoxo
    chokri212

    ReplyDelete