Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pyaar Ke Side Effects

*Update* - I am done watching the movie and it reminded me of Coupling and "Meet the Parents". Good movie nonetheless; the writers have provided an insight into an Indian adult relationship in today's milieu, albeit from a guy's perspective.

This is the first time I am watching a Hindi movie on a Sunday night. Here I am, sitting on my couch watching Rahul Bose waste his talent on this commercial film. Just heard a very honest dialogue though (unexpected) - "During a marriage, women feel really cold. They need to feel the warmth of a man." True you think?

Hung out with Karan and Monu all evening; it started with us doing reviews and ended with chaat and chai at Mayuri. We each rented DVDs before he dropped me back home but not before I got a lecture from Monu about settling down. You want to hear my retort - "If you find me a cute girl like the one we just saw at the DVD counter, I'd marry her without a moment's thought". That kinda shut Monu up but I still maintain, the girl renting the DVD ahead of me is my kinda girl.

This one totally reminded me of Ayesha - dusky complexion, hair cut in layers, nose ring, Levis jeans. I suggested that she see Page 3, a movie I saw in Bombay a few years ago. Now that I think of the situation I could've said, in my deliberate voice - "If I recommend a good movie, the one I am holding in my hand, can I get your name?" I didn't anything remotely close to that; curse missed opportunities. Actually, this exact thought didn't occur to me either, though a similar one (that I can't recall now) did cross my mind. Some honing of the playa skills is in order. Back to watching this silly but funny movie now!

1 comment:

  1. WOW - 1st of all, you watched a hindi movie? Impressed!!! And a Rahul Bose movie on top of that - even more impressed! 2ndly - you met an indian girl you thought was cute and your kinda girl???? Wtf - way to get that number!!!! But good recommendation on the movie nonetheless. Page 3 is a great movie!!!

    ReplyDelete