Friday, May 05, 2006

The days are getting busier

I have more to do at work and though a lot of it isn't coding related, it fills up the hours and keeps me busy. Soon, I will find something I actually excited me to the fullest extent but till that time, the status quo is acceptable.

The day started on an interesting note - I took the liberty of watching the end of Tuesday night's Veronica Mars episode because I woke up an hour too early (for my 10:30 meeting) this morning. The copious amount of food I had consumed last night needed some more time to be digested fully and the time spent on the couch watching the trial of Logan's dad unfold on screen was what the doctor ordered. I walked into WAR on time and though I didn't know this as I was driving, my day would be spent in meeting after meeting.

Natasha pinged me around 11:35 and suggested we catch up over lunch. We eventually ate at Chili's and here is an interesting fact - if you are vegetarian, there is only one entree that you can get at this chain of restaurants. This is utter bullshit if you ask me! I can't complain though since I ordered and devoured the Margarita Chicken entree - delicious it was. This is a new trend that started with dinner at Machiavelli's and hopefully, I will diversify my palette to include other meat. I am particularly interested in cultivating a taste for sea food...

Coffee while talking to Bambo and "The Friz" was highly entertaining, as were the next three hours of meetings that followed. It was the first time (and it was after 5pm) that I got to my office and stayed for more than ten minutes. I stayed till a little after 8 actually, at which point I couldn't take it anymore - it was time to stop slacking and start working out again. Arun and I started on the Ultrafit challenge today. Let's see how far we get before one of us quits.

The leftovers from last night's elaborate 4 course dinner were as tasty this evening as they were last night. It feels weird to eat all by myself, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment