Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Thinking Out Loud

I type this post With a small ice pack cooling my back down and Radiohead playing on my stereo. This is atypical, me being awake so late at night and blogging (especially on weekdays) but I can't seem to go back to sleep. There are myriad thoughts floating around in my head - most of them are simple flashes but the thoughts provoked by the conversation with Arun about work are making my head spin. What can I do to be as inspired at work as he is? I am not Arun so I can't be as involved in this release as he is but there has to be some thing that I can do that makes a difference...

Sarat is back in Seattle after being away (in Boston) for two weeks and the first order of business (after business hours) was to squeeze in a squash match. We played four games and clearly, the two weeks at home had taken their toll on him. I feel lighter on my feet and am covering the court much better - an unforeseen but welcome consequence of trying to finish the Ultrafit challenge. Here's another reason to actually see this challenge to completion. It helps that the nights that Arun bails on working out, I can call on Cia to be my workout buddy. I was ready to pass out after squash though so no cardio for me tonight but we did arms and legs so hey...

The newer episodes of 24 aren't as taut as the first 16 of this season but that is understandable because there is only so much action that can be packed into a season. This show is still hands down the most engrossing (and most intense) I have ever seen in my life and I see how the writers must be groping at straws now - what else can they cram into this season? They have killed an ex-President, the President has almost been taken down, nerve gas has been unleashed, a commercial plane has almost been taken down by an F-18, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. You feel like watching the show now or what?

I couldn't get tickets to watch Tool play this summer at the Paramount Theatre and am very bummed. The tickets sold out within 4 minutes of going on sale and I didn't make it in time :(. If you know anyone who has 2 extra tickets, please let me know. I'll give sleeping another shot now. Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. The key is to find (or just pick one randomly) one thing that you really care about. One thing that you feel passionately about. One thing that you want to help improve to the best of your abilities. And then drive it as hard as you can - no bitchin, no moanin, just work on it day in and day out.

    I guess what I am saying is: take one thing at work and treat it like you treat your squash game.

    ReplyDelete