Wednesday, May 23, 2007

DVD upscaling to 1080p coming to PLAYSTATION3

If I had an HDMI TV, I'd go out and buy a PS3 today. This feature is now the Ace Up Sony's sleeve; it is up to Microsoft to come up with a counter punch to the upscaling feature. The truth is, I don't have an HDMI TV, and I don't have $600 to spare...

As I think about this some more, I can't take my mind off the Nintendo Wii. The Wii's sales lead me to believe that people don't want High Definition graphics, or the ability to watch DVDs on their console. They have dedicated DVD players, and would much rather opt for an immersive (and easy) gaming experience. Given that I am not a hard-core gamer, would I buy a PS3 or XBox 360? Yes I would, if I didn't have to part with upwards of $500 (the XBox 360 Basic console is for dunce hats). So for now, I'd be hard pressed to strike the Wii off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment