Friday, December 22, 2006

Bay Area Musings

The sun is out on a beautiful afternoon in San Francisco. Contrary to popular belief that SF's weather mirrors that in Seattle, today is a warm, fogless day on which I can see the Golden Gate bridge in all its splendor. The vista from this apartment is gorgeous; I can see as far as downtown on the one side and the Golden Gate on the other. The local market is no more than a 5 minute walk and the most crooked street in the world, Lombard, is only a few blocks away. Aah, the good life...

I just read a feature in Details magazine on the 50 most influential men below the age of 42 and I am heavily inspired. Some discipline, some hardship, and a lot of chutzpah will get me to a position of influence. I have to start now though, can't be wasting time no more in idle pursuits. The end of one year and the beginning of another is the perfect time to start afresh, to wipe the slate clean. "Easier said than done", I hear being said in the sidelines. "Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'd better start now", right back at ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment