Tuesday, October 12, 2004

What you like and dislike about your Boss

I'm going to open the forum and ask the people who frequent this site about their experiences with management. I'll be honest and say that I don't know what it's like to be a manager coz I've never been one. I want to be the best I can be and to get there, I'm definitely going to need help from "YOU". I know some things that a boss shouldn't do, for instance:

1. Be partisan
2. Surprise you during reviews with a lower rating than you anticipated
3. Stay closed to new ideas and methodologies

I'm sure there are many more that I can't verbalize but just know from experience. Use the Comments Area and highlight what you've liked about your boss(es) in the past and what you haven't and trust me, I'll try to bear all these in mind when I start managing people.

And yes, you can comment anonymously...

3 comments:

  1. I don't agree with number 1. You *should* be partisan - towards your best performers that is. Remember it's a meritorcracy and not a democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I botched it up and mis-spelled. But you get the gist of what I am trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - Keep your directs involved and plugged in
    - Don't Micro-manage
    - Listen

    ReplyDelete