Monday, April 17, 2006

2005 Taxes Filed

Not before a lot of drama and stress (that will continue through till tomorrow). Here is why:

1. I downloaded the TaxAct application to my computer and chose not to file my taxes using taxact.com
2. I started filing taxes on my laptop
3. I had to get some info from work so I went to work. Finished my return from my laptop but couldn't connect to the network to submit from my laptop.
4. I was forced to install the app on my office computer but it refused to continue the filing process from the backup I made on my laptop.
5. After getting around that restriction, I finished the filing process
6. Before filing, I wanted to print out the form for review. My printer drivers didn't work; I forgot that I had the Acrobat Distiller installed.
7. I chose to submit without printing out my return.
8. I had to move the files from my laptop to my desktop using a USB thumb drive, that didn't belong to me. I cleaned up the files I put on it so I could return it.
9. Oh well, that was the only copy of my 2005 tax return, and it was gone! Gone for good!
10. I don't know if I entered my bank account number correctly and I can't double check it :((

Why do i always struggle to do these very simple tasks? I rock at doing complex tasks but these simple common sense things I am never sure of! Take for instance the other time when I thought I was flying to Dallas at 11am but my flight was actually for 11pm. I just need to be more careful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment