Friday, April 21, 2006

It's all about Momentum

After a crazy Wednesday, Thursday started off on a slow note. I was tired after my early (??) morning shower, tired as I drove in to my class and tired till a little after lunch. The quasi white chocolate mocha (latte with 1/2 a pump of white chocolate) served to wake me up a great deal, as did the nature of the conversation we were having in class - Managing Underperformers.

I'd strongly recommend Managing People at Microsoft to all Microsoft Managers. We all tend to have our own intuitive sense of how to manage people, a sense of our personality type and a sense of the best thing to do given a particular situation. You will be surprised to realize that on many occasions, your intuition is in accordance with the best course of action. The key is to do the right thing when the two aren't in agreement.

It is 7:56 in the morning and I am wide awake. Time to jump into the shower, get dressed and attend the final day of training. I have a bucket load of email to check over the weekend so that I catch up with what has been going on at work. To my good fortune, I have able reports who have been keeping me updated on the happenings and have been taking care of business in my absence. Of course, there is trusty, ol' Karan who can just do it all. The coffee and yoga (10 minutes this morning) will hopefully keep me awake through the morning session. Have a great day and an even better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment