Wednesday, April 05, 2006

24 has taken over my evenings!

Since I've had my Media Center PC, I've started recording shows that I always wanted to see but couldn't! One of these shows is 24, a show that started around the time I came to Seattle, a show that I had heard a lot about but didn't really think much of. On a whim, I watched the Season Premiere this year at Fox Sports Bar (in Seattle). To be honest, I was watching the NFL Playoffs at Fox Sports (the penultimate round) and saw Season Premiere posters hung all over the bar. There was supposed to be a drawing for DVDs and promotional stuff (Black T-shirts with art) on both the premiere nights at the bar, which was incentive enough for me to drive into Seattle after my workout to watch the episodes...

I shouldn't have gone, I shouldn't have started watching the show. Is this me regretting? NO WAY! Well, maybe! I am addicted to the show now, I can't wait for the next episode in Season 5. I used to hate Mondays, now I wait with bated breath for the day to end and for the clock to strike 9! But I'm not writing this because of Season 5; I can only watch one episode a week of that. It's the first four seasons that are keeping me awake these past couple of nights.

Stefan, my friend from my NGSCB days, has a treasure trove of movies and shows that he has collected over time. He loaned me the DVDs of Season 2 of 24 this past weekend and now I wish I hadn't taken them. I don't say this lightly but 24 is the best show I have ever seen, period. The episodes are taut, my nerves are on edge through the course of the 42 minutes and every episode ends with a cliff-hanger. Like they say about Lays Chips, "No one can eat just one", I must say about 24, "No one can stop at one (episode)." What a great addiction though, the only thing I'm losing here is sleep. In my book, that's an acceptable trade-off for some heart-pounding, adrenalin boosting entertainment. You should watch it too, on TV or DVD - Monday Nights, 9/8 C on Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment