Saturday, April 29, 2006

Let the weekend begin

Tired would be an understatement for what I felt as I sat on the couch this morning at 2:30am. I had just returned from the unofficial House-warming party at Kirk's and was listening to some music as I procrastinated the task of changing into sleep gear. I couldn't get myself off the couch because for the first time all week, I was enveloped by a sense of sanguine. Music sounded better, the couch felt more comfortable and I almost went to sleep when the phone rang.

The phone snapped me out of my stupor; I changed and went straight to bed - 3am, lights out! As has become the norm, if I happen to be awake before Noon, a phone call is to blame. Cheech and I spoke for a while before I insisted that I needed more sleep and she hung up in a huff (sorry Cia). The next thing I knew, it was 1:45pm on a dreary Saturday afternoon! You kinda get used to this kinda weather in Seattle, 75 degrees all week and 45 degrees on the weekend.

So what are the spoils of the day? Kirk and Tiff are official. The nights are booked out with activities and I have to workout twice this weekend in preparation for the squash tourney coming up in the last week of May. There used to be a time when I was all about discipline but now, I don't think I can spell beyond dis :). It hurts that I have a slow metabolism but I think I have found a way to speed it up. This might have nothing to do with my metabolism but I'd like to go to the Pro Club and work out instead of talking to everyone and their mother (time efficacy). So Kevin and I have a pact - I help him with his computer, he helps me control my talking habit.

Contrast this set of problems with those my brethren in India encounter everyday :) Here is an issue they must deal with on a daily basis: Chaotic Traffic. Dwell on this for a moment, be entertained and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment