Sunday, December 18, 2005

A few degrees here, a few degrees there

It has been a very cold 7 days in Seattle. The temperature was around or below freezing all of last week; frosty lawns, frosty windshields, frosty roads were commonplace and a lot of spent a good deal of time indoors to shield ourselves from the cold. And then this evening, the mercury decided to oppose gravity.

It is approximately 45 degrees right now and it feels so comfortably warm. I walked out of the Pro Club in my shorts this evening after an hour of tennis drills. Expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised when my air wasn't chilly and the inside of my car wasn't biting cold. Sitting on the leather was bearable too - what an evening I say.

Am I whacked or is my reaction normal? In my book, a THIRTEEN degree upward change in temperature is reason enough to shed a few layers of clothing. If only this new weather pattern sticks, that'll make my christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment