Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Vacationing Tuesday

First, must play some music - aah, new tune sent to me by Nikhil is now playing...

Today was a day well spent. It started off with some lazing around the place, browsing of the WWW and reading email. I wondered about the merits of starting a blog that gets syndicated more than this current unnecessary space of mine on the web but couldn't think of something that would interest other human beings. Or maybe I could do it, at least get started - some technology thing (aah that's so smart and inventive of you Manoj).

Since I'm not good at thinking smartly, I decided to do something I am good at - hang with people, catch up and visit the Adidas store in Downtown Seattle to avail of the huge discounts that Joanie gets as an employee. Awesemo!!

Ashley Kark wasn't feeling very well this morning and I had bailed on her a couple of times in the past weeks so I decided to pick her TWA up and take her out with me. Why do this all alone? Besides, her taste is so much more out there than mine, it helps to get another opinion while making unnecessary purchases. I'll take that back though, I only made necessary purchases today - 2 pairs of Adidas Tennis shoes (I've been playing in my cross trainers for weeks now), 3 pairs of socks and 1 uber cool Adidas Brazil Jumper (in Brazil's neon yellow - ayyp! Pictures soon)

Ash and I hung some more in the shopping district and walked into many stores to do random kaat kuddi. Maybe we should've come back earlier because I had invited Wes over for dinner and wanted to squeeze in a workout before I headed home to cook. Well, the workout had to be cut from the program, which is a total bummer. Everytime I decide to be a good workout citizen, I do something stupid like this - Monday night, I went to the Pro Club and hung there for nearly 2 hours without making it past the front desk - WTF! Tomorrow though, I'm going to take care of this work out bidiness early in the day so I don't have to feel guilty all day long. FTS, gotta take care of my fatness; everything else should come second.

The menu was extensive tonight:
Appetizer
Asian Stir Fry Vegetables in Soy Sauce with Nuts

Main Course
Saag Paneer with Jalapeno Tortillas
Penne Pasta in Marinara Sauce

Dessert
Pumpkin Pie

It took us all of an hour to cook up the 3 dishes and another hour to polish off a good chunk of the Stir Fry and the Saag. The Pasta was divided between Wes and me to be had on another day. It didn't come out good tonight; maybe adding the Scotch to the mix wasn't a good idea after all. And of course, I set the pasta on a burner that I hadn't switched off. I'll spare the details and just say that the outcome wasn't the most desirable...

It was just fun to hang with Wes and Ash and cook dinner. Cooking is therapeutic for me and I love hosting people at my place and Wes was very gracious in coming over and helping me cook. I guess that's why he's the nice guy. There has been a disconnect between us all this past year with folks starting to do their own thing and hang out less often with each other. Or maybe I've gone my own way and not participated in group activities. I'll make more of an effort to do group things in the future and not get so out of touch with Wes again. I trust him as a person and cherish his friendship; both rare qualities...

No comments:

Post a Comment