Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's only Wednesday...

The Windows Security Team went skiing today to the Summit at Snoqualmie. Being the idiot that I am, I was sick on Monday so I decided against going to the morale event. Instead, I foolishly convinced myself that I would get some work done while no one was around. WRONG!!! I closed just four bugs, kicked off an install and read some code, that's it - that's all I did all day. It's a shame! The highlight of my day was the sandwich I ate for lunch and the traps I avoided all day - how mundane.

To make up for lost time during the day, I stayed at work till a little after 8. Staying extra hours didn't ensure I made progress with the bug closing effort. I did cross off a lot of items on my list though, caught up with email and determined that open items would be done by their deadlines. The day might've been a bummer but if I do the right things, this week might turn into a good one after all.

Today was chest, biceps and triceps day in the weight room. What is more note-worthy than the weights is the fact that I played table tennis today - first time since last March. I'll say it - I sucked; my consistency was at 50% and I lost a lot of games. With that said, all is not lost and practice will help me find the sweet spot again. Back to the workout - after lifting weights, I endured the stair master for 20 minutes with chott face. Chott face is a major motivator for cardio; I'd quit halfway without her pushing me to actually finish the course. The course seems to zip by when I have company and I look forward to these cardio sessions with her. Did I say that she's hella cute?

I am about to have a very difficult talk with Nikhil, my younger brother. Honestly, I don't want to have do this; it is very difficult to be an older brother and not be preachy in times like this, especially now that we are both adults. For the moment though, he knows this is coming his way and he expects the lecture. Hopefully, I will be able to get past his defence mechanisms and convey the essence of my message. Trust me, this burden of responsibility is a heavy one to carry around and someday, I'd like to totally chill out and not worry about him. Amen to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment