Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Silence is Broken Now

It's late on Monday night and though I have so much to say, I don't know what to type. The sun is out, the rain clouds have disappeared over the horizon and I have enough work to make me get out of bed every morning. Hopefully I'll get a chance to use the snowboard I bought from Chris before the ski season ends (I meannn, ski/snowboard season) and do more outdoor stuff this summer. Me wants to learn to roller-blade, play tennis and ride a bike this summer. Too lofty you think with my goal setting?

I was tired all of last week because I didn't get much sleep most nights. I've noticed that the amount I sleep is inveresely proportional to both my cravings for food and aversion to workout; so this insomnia is my nemesis, eh? I've been wanting to write something about my trip to Canada since my return but I've been plain lazy. There will most definitely be another trip though, so I'll get a chance to write some more about my Canadian adventures. I will say that them Canucks are way nicer than a large majority of Americans I have interacted with. And yes, 93.1 Red FM blew my mind away!

"I've felt this way before,
So insecure..."


I had an interesting email interaction over the weekend that left me thinking. I dwelled on my insecurities, on what I consider important and what I consider absolutely unacceptable traits in a future partner. What I came up with honestly surprised me. I'm not as inflexible as I was a couple of years ago; in fact, I'm more than willing to see someone else's point of view. I've gone from thinking life had absolutes to realizing that life is filled with gray. Your interpretation of events might be different from mine and might actually influence my future stance on a subject. Maybe I'm caving in because the rigours of life have taken their toll on me or this is just what growing old is all about - compromise. To be honest, I don't quite like this. Anyway, must end this discursive post and go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment