Friday, March 31, 2006

Down with the sickness!

When I returned from playing table tennis this past Wednesday, something didn't feel right. I had a runny nose that made breathing a tad difficult. I didn't think much of it, as I am wont to ignoring minor ailments, and proceeded to work for another hour before heading to the gym. Wednesday night's workout was intense (I'm still a little sore from it) and though cardio was fun, it served to weaken my system further, which was why I was delirious yesterda - I can't be blamed for falling for some TRAPs that were laid in my path !

Fast forward to last evening... My squash match with Sarat lasted four games that were played out over 70 minutes. The fourth game dragged on for approximately 25 minutes and at the end, I was totally spent. We had an audience of maybe 8 people watching the last game, and I know they were a little shocked when they heard both Sarat and I cuss on the court between points. To say that my system was drained would be an understatement.

The steam room provided some reprieve from the soreness, as did the ice pack. A measure of how sore I was is that my abs hurt everytime I coughed or laughed too hard - ayyp! By the time I was done watching Smallville though, I was rehydrated and relaxed but my throat felt like someone had scraped its innards with sand paper. In such circumstances, I resort to this tonic that I got myself from India (Linctus Codine) that works like magic on a sore throat. Of course, it knocks me out cold but it works okay! I slept like a baby, much like that time when Matt gave me 2 tablets of Benadryl in Pune to help me get over my allergies :))

I have a long day at work today and one last squash match for this week later tonight. Tomorrow is Sid's birthday cum farwell party and I've been asked to do the music for it. It has been a while since I did something like that so I'm excited and nervous. On second thoughts though, it's only playing hip-hop and hindi stuff; that's never difficult!

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be falling into a lot of traps lately.... very interesting...

    ReplyDelete