Monday, March 13, 2006

This Monday any different?

The return from Vancouver late on Friday evening naturally lent itself to a good night's sleep into the early hours on Saturday. After a CSI marathon, I went to Don's for dinner and partied with the boys at Twilight. What started off as an almost cut program turned into an entertaining and fun experience, capped by Mr Marwah climbing up the parking garage fence outside Twilight.

Today has been a see-saw day. I started off tired from last evening's workout (which mind you, was the highlight of my day) and a lack of sleep. Meetings all day and the looming deadline of Mid Year Reviews weighed me down even further. You know how it is with procastrination - you delay till beyond the deadline but when you actually get down to the nitty-gritty, you wonder why you delayed in the first place. I'm still delaying so when I am finally done, I'll let you in on why I did delay :)

Meetings are usually done by 5 and after some work in the lab, I returned to my office and the dour mood prevailed for the next couple of hours. To look back, my entire theory of the weather bringing me down has been debunked. It has been sunny all weekend, with today being absolutely gorgeous. Ok, enough about this mood crap.

I channeled the negative energy towards getting stuff out of my way during the latter part of the evening. I'm caught up with email, made a list of things that need to be done over the next couple of days, start to understand AES and install the latest Vista builds on my machines. That's a good day's work, if you ask me. Now I'm ready to go home and my mood has definitely changed - I can't wait for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment