Friday, May 06, 2005

RSS Demystified

I've been using an RSS reader for the last year (mostly) and most browser-based applications now have some form of built-in support for RSS/Atom feeds - the latest to jump on the bandwagon is MSN Messenger 7.0 (a coup if you ask me). Walt Mossberg explains the ideas behind RSS in non-geek speak but doesn't provide links from where RSS readers can be downloaded for your browser, so here's some RSS readers for Windows users:

If you use Firefox:
- Firefox has a built-in RSS reader
- Sage is a great RSS reader but works only for Mozilla based browsers

If you use IE:
- Tough luck (just kidding)
- Try :this cool new MSN page:
- Try Pluck

Now that I've armed you with some RSS related info, I hope I've made it easier for you to track your favourite blogs. Be warned though, reading blogs is a very time consuming and addictive pass-time and might eat into your time at work. Caveat emptor...

No comments:

Post a Comment