Monday, September 26, 2005

I'm Awake at 8:30...

Maybe my conclusion is premature but I'm beginning to think that working out till late at night prevents me from going to bed on time. I've written on numerous occasions about how I'm groggy and fiesty on Monday morning, wishing that the week was over already. This is basically me complaining about not having had enough sleep on Sunday night, in a twisted way :) And I won't deny it, my not making early morning meetings contributes to my Monday frustrations!

So what did I do different yesterday? I desisted from going to the Pro Club. I have a tendency to squeeze in a work-out just before the club closes. More often than not, you can find me hitting the weight room at around 8pm on a Sunday evening. Don't get me wrong, I love working out but my timing is completely wrong for many reasons. First, everytime I workout late, I can't sleep for hours after I'm done. I've noticed that I yawn a lot during late workouts. And just about the time I'm done, at around 10pm, I'm fully awake and ready to take on the world. Second, I miss out on activities with friends because I'm usually in the gym. And third, I workout so hard that my body takes a long time to recover. If I don't get a good night's sleep, I wake up tired and cranky.

So back to this morning - I'm awake, sipping coffee as I blog and my body isn't exhausted. My knees aren't hurting and I'm ready to take on the challenges that this week presents me. My schedule could use a 2 hour shift so I wake up, reach work, workout and sleep earlier. I'm going to try and start today! And if I don't stop blogging now, I'll not be in time for my 10am meeting, so I'm off! Have a great week...

No comments:

Post a Comment