Saturday, September 10, 2005

You experience this yet?

I got to the Tennis Courts this evening a little ahead of time. Now this is a first for me, arriving earlier than I'm expected!! Good thing I was early, I needed the time to change into my workout shirt and stretch before the game. I turned the stereo up in my car, walked around to the boot and started going about my tasks. Wear Workout Shirt - Check. Stretch right arm to avoid tennis elbow - Check. This is about the time Mariah Carey's smash hit, We Belong Together started playing on the radio.

More than four hours have elapsed since and I can't get these lines out of my head,
Cause baby
When you left
I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby please cause
We belong together
Regardless of whether I wanted to experience this emotion, the truth is that I have. And what do you know, I have a friend who is most definitely experiencing this right now. Her ego is not going to let her admit this but I know better. What's killing her more than anything else is,
Who else am I gonna lean on
When times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone
Till the sun comes up
Who's gonna take your place
I hope she finds peace, sanity and composure over the coming weeks. It totally sucks to be emotionally unstable, says the guy who's had it rough in the past...

No comments:

Post a Comment